Hey everyone! Sorry I’m posting my wrap up so late!
Anyways, I read a total of 7 books in August, and one of those books was a library book, which is why it isn’t pictured.
Here’s what I read and my ratings!
- The Woman In Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware – I believe I ended up giving this a 4/5 stars, and this is normally not my genre at all so I was pleasantly surprised to have really enjoyed it! I have another one of her books, and since I know I don’t mind her writing style, I’m excited to read that one as well.
- A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman – I DID post a review on this book and I ended up giving it 5 stars. I absolutely loved it and I thought it was an amazing, heartfelt story that definitely was emotional!
- Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy – I did a buddy read of this with a friend on Instagram and this was another book where I was pleasantly surprised. This was my first book by Julie Murphy and I was not disappointed! I believe I gave this a 5 star review as well just because it was super cute!
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E.Schwab- OKAY. I may need to post a separate review just for this series because OMG this was amazing. A million stars! I fell in love with this series and just finished the third book and I’m dying for more, and I’m also trying to find all the bookish merch possibly related to this series!
- Sad Girls by Lang Leav – Another book that I posted a review about on here and once again it definitely wasn’t a favorite of mine, unfortunately.
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’engle – This was a 4 star read for me, as well as a re-read. I read it for the first time when I was very young, and decided to read it again because I remember really loving it and also the fact that it’s on my Goodreads 100 books to read in a lifetime list. =]
- The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman – I ended up giving this 4 stars simply because it was such an original book I honestly wasn’t sure what I just read when I finished it! Neil Gaiman definitely has a way with words and even though this wasn’t my first book read by him, I was definitely caught off guard by the story line of this one. This book isn’t pictured since I got it from the library.
How was your reading progress throughout the month of August?